Friday, August 31, 2012

Foodie Penpals - August!!!

Do you LOVE getting packages at work? I do!!! I work really long days, so I usually have packages delivered to me at the office, so it's not sitting on my doorstep in the sun all day, and it really makes my day when I get a package. Of course when it's my Foodie Penpals package, it's like a little surprise party for my taste buds and I get EXTRA excited :)  The only downside is I never manage to get good pictures, coz I'm SO eager to sample the treats! I received my package this month from Amy at A Healthe Eater and it was full of deliciousness (that's a word, right?!) - some of which I am saving for our weekend road trip!
Again, sorry for the terrible picture, but it was a mere formality required before I could start sampling! Amy sent popcorn (yum!), Tazo tea, honey (her Grandpa's honey!), pretzel chips, sundried tomato spread, and two snack bars (which I have saved for our trip!). The funniest thing about Foodie Penpals is that I never provide much guidance, preferring to be surprised and so far, both penpals have completely guessed things I LOVE and sent things I have wanted to try but haven't had a chance to. The sundried tomato spread and pretzel chips made an appearance at a tapas style dinner my hubby and I shared earlier this week, and we loved them (saved a few pretzel chips for the car too...)! The rest of the item were spot on - I love a cup of tea with honey, have never tried a larabar but always wanted to, and love quick and easy popcorn for a snack :D Thank you SO much Amy for the lovely box of surprises!!! Looking forward to seeing what next month will bring!

Want to see what I sent to my penpal? Pop over to Taralyn's blog a little later, and I'm sure she'll tell you all about it!

Think that Foodie Penpals might be something for you? You don't have to have a blog to join - pop over to The Lean Green Bean and check it out!

The Lean Green Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment