Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Chimichurri sauce ~ on everything!

I love chimichurri sauce - I don't know how a simple whirl of a blender or food processor can elevate such simple ingredients to such a delicious, unique flavor, but I LOVE it. It's great on steak (that's how we'll be eating it tomorrow), yummy for dipping a baguette, tasty with pita chips (I discovered when I'd whipped a batch up this afternoon and had no baguette for dipping), and I'm sure it would be delicious on chicken, fish, shrimp, and pretty much anything else you can think of. There are a lot of different recipes for it, and every time I make it, I think I alter it slightly. But here's my yummy chimichurri recipe - try it!

Bunch of parsley
1/2 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup of red wine vinegar
One garlic clove
Salt to taste

Throw everything except the salt in a food processor or blender, and pulse until it reaches a pesto-like consistency. Add salt to taste. Smother everything in it and enjoy :) Keeps for at least a week in the fridge.



No comments:

Post a Comment