Sunday, May 20, 2012

Aphid chronicles...


Well, it's been a while since I posted a pic of the rooftop garden. Mainly because some beastly aphids have taken over my tomato crops :( I love organic produce, and the idea of homegrown organic produce is part of what motivated me to undertake the experiment of the rooftop garden, but boy oh BOY I wish there was something I could spray to get rid of those nasty little tomato leeching aphids! I've done some internet research, and am planning on getting some ladybugs to do my bidding - apparently an adult ladybug can eat up to 60 aphids a day!!! And they eat other pesky little critters too! So as soon as I have a chance, I'm going to get me some of these Ladies in Red. Look out aphids - you've got it coming! I'm reclaiming my little veggie garden!

LADIES IN RED 1/2 Pint of Live Ladybugs

No comments:

Post a Comment