Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy is just a choice you make...


This weekend was a busy one and while I am completely exhausted, I couldn't be happier because everything went exactly as planned. I woke up early on Saturday, got a bunch of errands done (bought flowers for church moms' bouquets, groceries, went and got a temporary bank card since mine had fraud on it :S, bought stuff for a craft for Sunday school kids), then went and helped paint the new church building with a bunch of awesome, hardworking people who make it fun to work so hard! We were there until pretty late, then I went home, made little rose bouquets for the mums at church with my mum, sister and a friend, and tried to motivate myself to wrap gifts, write in cards and bake scones (my sister wanted these yummy scones instead of a birthday cake :D)... It was pretty late when I got to bed, after making a flower arrangement for my Mum, and I was up early the next morning to have brekky with Mum. My sister and I made breakfast (oatmeal, fruit salad, scones, coffee!) and we ate out on the patio and enjoyed a lovely start to the day. Then headed to church (more on that later), lunch and pedis after church, and a relaxing afternoon with two of my favorite ladies in the whole world!
My favorite nail polish color at the moment ~ Koala Berry!!
We finished the night off with sushi with the whole familia, and the scone cake was a grand success (it was tiered like a wedding cake, covered in jam and cream, with fresh strawberries, and sadly my hands were too sticky with jam to get a pic!).... We even had the nicest waiter! It was a perfect weekend, because the people I love most were together and happy, and their day of celebration and appreciation was exactly what I'd hoped...

And what else... Oh, I wrote a song! I want to record it for my Mum, so she always has a copy, but for now, I'm just relieved I managed to finish it an hour before I had to sing it at church... Each year, I make a slideshow of pictures of the kids in our church and their moms, and I usually use a song that reminds me of my Mum, but this year, I couldn't find a song I hadn't already used that seemed right. So I wrote a song... Not the best song you've ever heard, but a from the heart, saying exactly what I want to say song, that my sister and I sang for our Mum, and all the moms on Mother's Day. Here are the lyrics ~ they couldn't be truer:

My amazing Mum xo
My whole world lit up by your smile
You always go the extra mile
You taught me everything I know
Yours are the steps that I follow

Your laughter fills up every room
You’ve shown me everything that’s true
Your faith makes me believe that
There is nothing I can’t do

Rain or shine it’s a gorgeous day
Happy is just a choice you make
Leave things better than what you found
Everything’s better when you’re around
Learning life’s lessons by your side
Is the best thing that ever happened in my life

You are the one that I count on
You love me even when I’m wrong
You pick me up when I fall down
And tell me not to give up now

You teach me always do my best
Not to compare with all the rest
You tell me just to be myself
Live to please Jesus no one else

Rain or shine, it’s a gorgeous day
Happy is just a choice you make
Do to others as you’d want done to you
 Give freely, as God has given you
Learning life’s lessons by your side
Is the best thing that ever happened in my life

I’m so thankful God gave me to you 

No comments:

Post a Comment