Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A magical day



From beginning to end, it really was the most perfect birthday ~ a magical day. I woke up to my hubby, telling me to put on my robe, leading me outside to our deck, where the little bistro set he was building last night (until 1am!), was waiting with a muffin and a candle, a New York Times and flowers. I sat down and started nibbling my muffin after he sang to me, and he went inside to 'get something'... Which was a complete breakfast - in all it's glory! The fact that this man was up way too late last night, and then up early this morning getting breakfast for us made me feel so very special! When my birthday is on a week day, I don't have very high expectations. It's busy, people have work, and usually the celebration part is pushed to the weekend. So the planning and detail that went into this birthday surprise really made my day! Which only got better - birthday messages from friends and family, a birthday package that arrived on the very day, great traffic on the way to work (sometimes I take my birthday off, but since we're headed out of town later this week, I figured I'd better not!), surprise visits from friends, clouds all day, unexpected gifts, cupcakes, a phone call with my nana, and at the end of the day, dinner with the man who loves me enough to surprise me - even after 12 years of birthdays! The end of the perfect day? A rainy night!! I am so grateful, not just for the lovely presents I received, but for the amazing people I am surrounded by, my family and friends who make every day of my life so wonderful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment