Monday, November 5, 2012

Thankful for my little rooftop garden...

It makes me smile in the morning. And makes me feel like an urban farmer - my Papa is a farmer, so it's in my blood :) And it grows even when I forget to water it.

It's going to be over 90 degrees today in LA, so I took some time this morning to water my little garden. I really need to set aside some time to replant/prune etc. but haven't done that yet. I have been kind of neglecting my summer garden, as I knew I'd be planting some 'fall/winter' crops soon, and I was pleasantly surprised this morning to find one last tomato of the summer. Lovely - and five or six flowers on my other tomato plant, which is thriving despite it's neglect.


I love growing my own food, and love having a little balcony oasis - love my rooftop garden!!! And I'm really looking forward to my fall tomato harvest...

No comments:

Post a Comment