Monday, March 26, 2012

A few of my favorite things...


Or should I say people? Yes, that seems like a better way to put it... Or maybe I should just say 'Adventures at a Korean Spa Experience'? Well, whatever you call it, yesterday turned out to be a lovely relaxing day. Last week was soooooo super busy, and I dragged myself through a very long day on Friday, so when my sister suggested a visit to a recently opened Korean spa nearby, I didn't need much convincing. Especially not since she'd bought day passes on Groupon for $10!! The CJ Grand Health Spa opened a location in Hermosa Beach a few months ago, and my mum, sister and I spent a rainy Sunday relaxing and wandering around there. It was an interesting new experience, they aren't super generous with towels (you get one rather smallish, unplush one, and a smaller hand/face/not sure what it's for other towel), you don't get a robe unless you're having a treatment (but could totally BYO), and you have to wear these hilariously unflattering gym shorts and t-shirts in the common area... It definitely is different from other day spas I've been to, but it was such a fun place to visit and explore with two of my favorite people. The women's spa area has a steam sauna, dry sauce, a cold waterfall and a jacuzzi, as well as showers and a small locker room with a dressing room. The co-ed spa area includes an ice room (my favorite!), a salt room and a clay room, all of which were fun to alternate between. Of course the best part of the whole day was being together, and we're pretty sure that the good company and conversation is part of the 'therapy' that relaxes a person, but it really was a great way to spend an afternoon. We wandered around, had a great time and decided we'd all go back again soon, if only to hang out together. I must admit though, the little wood block pillows (I wish I had a close up picture - need to figure out a way to sneak a camera around a spa to get pics of the facilities without looking like a real creeper :P) in the salt and clay rooms were so incredibly comfortable and the cocoon of heat made me feel like I could have absolutely fallen asleep for a while in there! We had a great time, and I had to be dragged from the ice room, and forced to face reality yet again :P

No comments:

Post a Comment