Saturday, March 31, 2012

Tea time...


I don't know what it is about tea parties, but I've always liked them, since I was a little girl pouring imaginary tea into imaginary cups for my imaginary friends :) Today would have been my Nana GG's (my mum's grandmother) 100th birthday, and every year, in celebration of her birthday, my Nana and my Aunty Collie go have a cup of tea (and order an extra one for the birthday girl) and remember the wonderful lady that none of us would be here without. This morning I woke up to an email from my (very tech-savvy) Nana, telling me about their little celebration, and it occurred to me that we should celebrate with tea too! So I called my Mum, called Elise's Tea Room in Long Beach, and we had ourselves a lovely little morning, sipping tea, nibbling sandwiches and savoring scones. What a fun way to spend a Saturday morning. I think (hope!) this will be the start of a new tradition for us! And after tea, we went to wander around the plant nursery, looking for dwarf lemon trees (this is the politically correct term I believe) for my patio... A fitting end to the celebration, since Nana GG is the one who taught my mum about gardening, which she then passed along to us ~ my rooftop veggie garden has Nana GG to thank for this crazy urban 'farmer' :)

No comments:

Post a Comment