Sunday, April 29, 2012

Dry Bar - an affordable luxury!

Bwood1

I love it when my hair looks pretty - sleek and shiny, no frizz, bouncy and beautiful... But it doesn't happen very often! If I ever find myself unimaginably wealthy, I plan to hire someone to do my hair several times a week and it will always look great. But until then, on occasion, I am going to be stopping by the Dry Bar!! About a year ago, one of my coworkers showed up looking AMAZING, and we all assumed she'd just had her hair trimmed or colored or something. She informed us that she'd stopped by the Dry Bar, and every since I heard what this was all about, I've been dying to check it out. Imagine my delight a few weeks ago when I learned that they opened one about 15 minutes from my house!! So to kick off the birthday (ok, birthweek) extravaganza, I figured I'd make my inaugural visit, and check it out!

Bwood5

As I arrived for my appointment (spur of the moment decision, raced to make it in time for the only available appointment before 7pm), I was already impressed. Beautiful women with shiny, perfect hair were walking out the front door, looking like 5'1" supermodels! I can't say enough about how much I loved my visit to the Dry Bar, but let's just say it was PERFECT. There is an adorable, comfortable reception area, styling stations set up like a bar, good music on the radio, and chick flicks on the TVs (with subtitles of course, since you can't hear what they're saying over the blow dryers!). My friendly stylist showed me where to hang my purse (on a little hook next to her station, right next to the built in iphone chargers!) and led me back to the sinks where I sunk into a comfy chair, rested my head on the sink, and put my feet up on a footrest... And noticed the cheerful yellow chandelier. I love details and this place is all about them, from the light fixtures, to the vase of (yellow) tulips by the front door, to the yellow bottomed glasses they use to serve free beverages... LOVE it! There's even a bucket with umbrellas by the front door, because the stylists walk you out if it's raining, to protect your blowout! I watched a bit of 13 Going on 30 (nothing like that movie to make you glad you're turning 31 instead of 13! Being 13 is hard!), and left the Dry Bar a very happy girl, with lovely locks. Check them out here and see if there's one near you - it's worth every penny! 
weho2

No comments:

Post a Comment