Thursday, April 5, 2012

Tapas to go


Trying to plan ahead for our post-work mad dash to see Mamma Mia, I found myself wandering around Trader Joes this morning, in an attempt to assemble some kind of 'tapas to go' type snack to prevent me from spending the last thirty minutes trying to ignore to the rumble of my empty stomach. Since my commute was surprisingly light, I had a few minutes to grab whatever seemed like a good idea, and tapas, being one of my favorite things, seemed fancier and more fun than a bag of chips (besides chips are no fun without dip, and dip is messy for the car...). I bought some mini brie wheels, a tapas cheese sampler, crackers and a baguette. I hate shopping without a list, since I usually think of something else I wish I'd bought after the fact, and in this case, that would have included strawberries and prosciutto. But it'll be better than an empty stomach, for sure. I'll grab a few moments before I leave, slice up an apple and assemble everything ~ seems like a good solution to the problem of the rumbling tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment