Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Spontaneity...


I love weekends, even though they are NEVER quite long enough! Friday nights tend to be so crowded in restaurants, so we usually get take out, to avoid waiting with the masses. But I'd stopped by Trader Joes in the morning and bought some of their carne asada (which is delicious!), so I made fajitas (which we both thought were better than a restaurant anyway!) and we enjoyed a relaxing evening together at home. On Saturday, we did get quite a few 'fix-it' jobs done around the house (I staked my tomatoes and green beans!), but we started the day with breakfast and a spur of the moment first time visit to the South Coast Botanical Garden which was pretty amazing. We've driven by it a zillion times, so it was nice to finally visit, and it is HUGE! We didn't see everything (because we had so many 'fix-it' jobs to get started on), but we had a great time exploring the different gardens, and there were so many beautiful cherry blossoms in bloom. If you live locally and have never been, it's a great place to take a picnic and spend a day wandering around, and it would be so fun for little kids too. The Children's Garden is adorable, and the Garden for the Senses was my favorite - filled with some of my favorite herbs, and other plants to see, touch and smell. I'm glad my hubby is so spontaneous coz I probably wouldn't have visited on my own and we had a great time! Surrounding yourself with nature (even in the middle of LA County), whether at the beach or a botanical garden, is so refreshing and relaxing! I have to remember to do that more often!!

No comments:

Post a Comment