Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Weekend whirlwind...

Well, as it tends to do, this weekend flew by! I didn't get a chance to try the cake in a cup (yet - but I will!!), nor did I make a nice big vat of this yummy butternut squash soup, but I cleaned my poor neglected house, spent a lazy Sunday afternoon on my deck with my sister and my Mum - and the young pup! And I spent a relaxing Saturday evening with my hubby, puttering around the house, shopping for art and sharing a late night dinner at Eatalian Cafe's newly expanded Crenshaw location - it's only been open a few days! And now I'm planning a Mad Hatter's Valentines Tea Party for a bunch of ladies this weekend. I love parties, and there are so many cute ideas out there for Valentine's themed desserts, decorations and crafts. I'm limited on time, but I'm going to try and incorporate some of these ideas:

Mini Cherry Cheesecakes

These yummy mini cheesecakes - I am not a fan of cherry, so I top them with strawberries instead and they are delicious and embarrassingly easy to make...

table centerpiece ideas
These adorable centerpieces (I have a bunch of pretty lollipops I ordered for a New Year's party that didn't arrive in time to be used, so I've been saving them for something just like this!)...


And a few of these easy to make decorations to add some color and to cover the hole in my living room ceiling that we are still waiting for the insurance company to send someone to fix.

Over the next few days, I'll probably be posting a few more details about my upcoming soiree this weekend ~ I can't help it, I love parties!


No comments:

Post a Comment